TAFE Western Australia

A Vast Range of Courses

Perth in particular and Western Australia generally are very popular study destinations. They have a great climate, great people, great lifestyle and great work opportunities. Many overseas students study at TAFEWA each year. TAFE is government owned and operated so that its standards are always high. The courses are popular among students looking for future employment and migration opportunities in Australia because they’re shorter, more practical, less expensive and closely linked to industry..
You can choose from Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Associate Degree courses in such areas as Hospitality & Tourism, Business & Accounting, Art & Design, Beauty & Fashion, Computing & IT, Mass Communications & Multimedia, Commercial Pilot License Training, English Language Courses and many others. You might even go on to the second or third year of a uni degree program.

For full details on all of our courses please contact AA-Education .

Why Choose TAFE?

Flexible Starting Points and Packaged Programs

TAFE can organise study programs that include English language and lead on to university, if that’s what you want. The study package includes visa applications.

Employment Opportunities

Western Australia’s economy is presently booming, with lots of work for people with TAFE training. You can also work up to 20 hours a week during semester and as much as you like in the holidays – a great way to pay for your studies as you go.

Employment Focused Study Pathway

TAFE is “hands on”, with workshops, projects and industry-based work experience included in the course structures. This makes it easier to find work upon graduation, with employers who might already know you, or be willing to sponsor you to stay and work in Australia..

Individual Study Advice

Student advisors are available to give guidance and instruction to help you plan your studies.

Assistance with Applications & Visas

Assistance is provided with application and immigration procedures.

Airport Pickup and Transfer

You can arrange to be met at Perth International Airport and transported to the accommodation you have organised prior to arrival. This service costs $75.

College Orientations

Each TAFEWA college has a special orientation for international students at the beginning of each semester. You can meet your International Student Coordinator and learn about the college and Western Australia

Student Services

Student support is available through each college's International Centre or ETI's student service centre in Perth city.


These support services include:

  • Immigration and visa advice
  • Medical insurance and healthcare access
  • Confidential, personal counselling and family liaison
  • Banking, financial and taxation matters
  • Concession cards and student offers
  • Guardian and care arrangements for those under 18
  • Information on events of interest and organised activities
  • Social and recreation programs
  • Learning & academic advice
  • Student Visa Immigration Requirements


Full-time Study

International students in Australia are required to study full-time (at least 20 hours per week). Part-time study is only possible to finish the last few units of a course.

Guardianship Arrangements

International students under 18 are required by law to live with a parent, approved family member or guardian. Guardianship can be arranged through homestay with approved Australian families.   


Overseas Student Health Cover

Overseas students have to take out Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). This health cover is arranged by TAFE as part of enrolment.

Application and Costs

There is no application fee. First you apply and receive your letter of offer. Once you have decided to accept an offer of a place in a course, you pay your first six months course fees and overseas student health insurance. Once you have paid the fees and health cover to ETI, you can apply for your visa at the nearest Australian High Commission. Courses that have special material or equipment may have additional costs that are paid to the college when you start.